Saturday, August 10, 2024

πŸ’”





 

My heart is broken. Broken for a friendship from 31 years ago. The memories of this friendship are ones that came flooding back when I heard she and her husband were in a tragic car accident.  It has been 11 days of thinking, crying, smiling and laughing at memories and old pictures.  We had not been in touch a lot over the years until recently. We had been making plans..the 3 of us, Barri, Tami and I, to get together without this fall without fail.  This isn’t going to happen.  

 It was that kind of friendship were you can go a long time without connecting, and when you do you are back to 1993.  I am relizing that mysweet memories of Tami were made without social media, no cell phones taking up our silences in conversations.  It was this…shared baby showers, Tami timing me through my contractions with Jake, playdates that turned into happy hours, (our kids were only weeks apart), Squadron parties, phone conversations while our kids napped and we cleaned our houses…with the cordless phone between our chins and shoulders, setting off fire alarms at base lodging where our husbands left us (and 3 kids) while they flew, disney birthday parties, and so much more.  She was a confidant, and the one who I could always count on through Air Force ups and downs.  She was the one who made you laugh until you cried, She was “Tami”  and for those of you who knew her you know what I mean.  Your generosity in life will be carried on through the lives you are now saving.  May Your Memory Be A Blessing Always…
  RIP my friend ❤️





  


No comments:

Post a Comment

πŸ’”

'    My heart is broken. Broken for a friendship from 31 years ago. The memories of this friendship are ones that came flooding back whe...