Wednesday, March 11, 2015

HERO; an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles 

Everyone has a hero in their life, most likely more than one.  If there is one that stands out on a certain day, tell them...and most importantly, tell them why.
I wish I would have...


You are my hero, you are my mom. 

You left me at pre-school and I cried, but you came back. 
You almost left me when I was 18, I cried, but you fought your illness and came back again.
You left me again 15 years later and still I cried, but you didn't come back.
You fought for many weeks to stay, you decided it was time, and it's ok because it was.
You fought for many things all of your life. You never gave up.
You had polio and heart disease.  But you conquered life with an unsurmountable attitude. 
You spent your youth in hospitals, You always smiled. 

You were told you wouldn't walk as you grew, you were a high school majorette. 
You fell in love with your high school sweetheart, You walked down the aisle to him.
You were told you couldn't have kids, you had 3.
You were told to slow down, you opted for a cane.
You spent your last 15 years in a wheelchair, You never complained. 
You had 7 grandchildren. You loved nothing more than someone riding on your lap.  
You had 1 granddaughter that you never met, You have a namesake. 
You are my hero. You are my Mom...and I miss you     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hikes & Hearts ❤️

Happy Tuesday! Welcome to Hikes and Hearts ❤️   Hikes and Hearts is a way for me to share with you the most beautiful parts of the country t...